Thursday, February 1, 2024

Throwback Thursday: My 2010 Bedroom/Collection Tour

Happy February first! The year is already cruising by! In my last post, I posted photos of how my room looked like in 2005. In this one, I'll be doing the same but this time, this is how my room looked like 5 years later. I looked through my vault of photos and couldn't find anymore of my room until 2010. This time, I took much better pictures and a full view of my room. I moved into my brothers old room when he moved out in 2006. I believe 2005 was the last full year I stayed in my childhood bedroom mainly because I became a collector at that point and my collection was growing fast. I needed a room with more space for my collection and my brother's room was a bit bigger than my old room. So the wallpaper will be different as well as the closet. Anyway, here's a look at my room from when you first walk in the door and the back of my door...


 
I made a photo of me riding on flying nimbus lol. I thankfully still have the original photo in one of my old diaries. I dunno what happened to that Princess in/out door hanger though tbh. As you turn to the left of my door is my Vanity... I unfortunately do not have this vanity anymore. I had to donate it when I moved out into my current location. I have maybe half the stuff still that's on this vanity though. 
 
Next to my vanity is my dresser. That was my childhood dresser. Unfortunately, I also couldn't keep it. Mainly because the drawers were falling apart and not working well anymore. I sadly don't have the MAR GBA poster anymore either. I must have donated it or something. Would have been awesome to have that in my current game room. But yeah I still have the game systems and most of the figures on that little corner shelf. The corner shelf still lives in my parents house I believe.

 
 
Here is a full view of my dresser. That is my late cat Charlie on my bed. To the left of my dresser is my book shelves filled with my manga collection.  Sadly, I dunno what happened to that stain glass window decoration. I did that when I was a kid. They were of my late cats, Miss.Gray & Xena. My guess is it maybe broke back when we had a cleaning service people. They broke and destroyed a ton of our stuff from our childhood which I was not happy about. We just got tired of it and stopped having them come to the house.

 
 
Next is my other main bookshelf. Sorry this pic is kinda blurry though. This one here is my childhood bookshelf. Thankfully, it still lives at my parent's house. I don't have the giant monkey plush anymore cuz I gave him to my nephew years ago and he still has him. :] I still remember going to the toy store and taking him home. Wish I could remember which toy store it was. Next to this shelf, is my other anime figurine shelf. I don't have all of these figures sadly. Idk what I did with the ones I don't have anymore. 
 
Below the books is my small DS collection, my jewelry box, and some other random stuff. The orange notebook was filled with pics of my favorite anime characters. I sorta wish I still had that book. I would love to see what was inside it and what pictures I pasted in there. I think I got rid of it because I was posting my favorite anime character screenshots on the web during those days and there was no need for it anymore. There was a time in the early 00s when I wasn't able to take my own screenshots, so I saved what I could find on the internet in that notebook. One point in time, I remember using my camera to take pictures of my favorite anime characters. Taking screenshots was not easy back in the early days.
 
 
 
Anyway, on the other side of my bed is my childhood Sylvanian family house and my glass animal figures. I still have this house and my glass animal figures. I still collect the little Sylvanian families and furniture for my house. Last up is my DVD collection. This was stored in my parent's basement since I didn't have room for any of this stuff in my bedroom. I still have majority of the DVDs in my collection today along with most of the GBA boxes and other on the top row of this shelf. 

And that does it for my bedroom & collection tour of 2010! If I find anymore pictures like this from earlier years, I will definitely post them here on my blog. Going through these old pictures have really been a blast from the past. I'm so grateful that I took them so I can look back at them. It's just hard to believe these were taken 14 years ago. I still remember 14 years ago like it was yesterday. It's insane how fast time is flying. It's important to take photos and videos of everything you want to remember from this time because 10 years from now, 2024 will become nostalgic to us which is weird to think! Anyway, thanks for viewing this post! I will write again very soon.

No comments: