Thursday, January 11, 2024

My Room/Anime & Manga Collection in the Year 2005

Today, I thought we could take a step back in time for #throwbackthursday to what my room was like in the year 2005. I was 17 during the time these pics were taken. I mostly captured photos of my anime/manga collection more so than my room. However, you can see bits and pieces of how it was back then. These photos were taken on July 17, 2005 at around 2:30pm. 
 
These pictures are my very first photos I took of my room and my collection. I believe I took them for a forum post on Gaia Online. I'm so happy I took these as they are now nostalgic to me. Btw, the wallpaper you see in this room is from the 90s and it still exists at my parents house in 2024 as well as my original wall border. It's the only thing in my parent's house that still has a piece left of the 90s.
 

Here, you can see my front door and what anime series I was obsessed with at the time. I was obsessed with Gohan and DBZ in general when I was younger. He still is one of my favorite characters from DBZ. I also had Zettai Shounen, Rurouni Kenshin, Mushiking, Marmalade Boy, Onegai My Melody, and Elemental Gelade pics on there. They're still very enjoyable series as of today, least I think so! I also made a sign that Rin wrote from Please Save My Earth. I thought that OVA was so cool when I was a teen. I still have my original copy of the DVD release in my collection. 


Next, here is my bed. I had a single canopy bed with my favorite stuffed animals on it at the time. I don't have much of these anymore sadly. I just can't keep it all, as much as I love my stuffed animals. I still have the two tabby cat plushies behind my pillow, the two black kitty plushies, big brown bear, and Pikachu though. That is also my late cat, Gabby, sleeping on my bed. 

 

This is my old Asus computer. I had it right next to my bed. Some of the stickers on my computer screen are from my dentist visits. I had Fushigiboshi no Futagohime playing. It was my favorite magical girl series at the time and still is one of my favorites! I'm surprised I didn't have any Futagohime pics on my door. Same with Hikaru no GO! I also had Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron stickers on my keyboard. I don't remember the exact model of what computer or keyboard I had but it was a good one. I wish I never got rid of it cuz then I could play my old computer games still. 

You can also see my old binders filled with my artwork as well as some old NewType magazines. I was heavily into drawing in high school. I still have most of my old drawings from this binder. I have since compiled all my high school drawings into one binder. I'm surprised they all fit! I'm kinda sad I don't have my NewType magazines anymore. However, I saved one of them cuz I submitted some fanart and it was shown in the magazine!

And now here is my manga/anime collection...

  

My main bookshelf: 

 

 

  

 It is a bit difficult to see the titles so I will list them in order...

Drawer 1:
Dragon Ball vol.1-10
Kodocha vol.1-10 (complete
Marmalade Boy vol.1-8 (Complete)
Ranma 1/2 vol.1-3, 5-6
Cardcaptor Sakura animanga vol.1-4

Japanese manga:
Dragon Ball animangas
Kodomo no Omocha vol.9
Dragon Ball vol.6
Hunter x Hunter vol.4
Rurouni Kenshin vol.2
Please Save my Earth vol.9

Drawer 2:
Ayashi no Ceres vol. 1-7, 10
Chrono Crusade vol.1
Demon Dairy vol. 1-3
Desert Coral vol.1
Excel Saga vol.1
Galaxy Angel vol.1
King of Bandits Jing vol.1
Naruto vol.1-2
Psychic Academy vol.1
RayEarth vol.1
Shaman King vol.1-2
Shaolin Sisters vol.1-2
Tokyo Babylon vol.1
Tokyopop Sneaks 2005
Tsubasa Chronicles vol. 1-3
XXXHolic vol.1
Yu Yu Hakusho vol.1-2
Princess Knight vol.1-5 (Bilingual Edition)

Drawer 3:
Azumanga Daioh vol.1-4 (Complete)
Fake vol. 1-7  (complete)
Suki vol. 1-3 (Complete)
Flame of Recca vol. 1-7
Alice 19th vol.1-6
Ginga Legend Weed vol.1-3 (discontinued in English)
Saiyuki vol.1

That's it for my collection and room in 2005! I couldn't read all the series unfortunately that were blocked by my drawers. If any of you know what the titles are that I didn't list, definitely leave a comment down below! But yeah, I still own a ton of what is seen here in these photos. Some of it I got rid of because I didn't like a series or couldn't get into it. Or the series was just too long to collect for. There were many reasons why I got rid of some things and kept some others after all this time. I got rid of most of the bootleg stuff. Kept only the ones that are complete and aren't officially released in my country. I do plan on maybe trying to get some of it back in my collection so I can see if I can enjoy it or not. I really wish I got a couple full view pics of my room instead of just my collection but I'm still grateful that I took these. 

If any of you reading this are young, I highly recommend taking photos of your room. Especially full views and of your collections. They will eventually become nostalgic treasure troves in the future when you become my age. I hope you enjoyed reading today's post and I hope you have a great rest of your day!

No comments: