Friday, February 23, 2024

Manga Talk Episode 1: March 2024 Ribon Mascot Comics Magazine


Hello! Today, I thought I'd start a new monthly post about the top 3 shojo manga magazines that I like. That being RMC, Ciao Comics, and Nakaoyshi. I used to collect these magazines back in the late 00s and 10s. Since the year just started, I thought I'd go over these as they are released. I'll start with RMC magazine and go over the cool stuff in this month's issue. They're always a month ahead so for February, this is their March issue for 2024. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


There's a new series starting this month by Yuzuhara Mizuka. Some of her earliest work dates back to 2013 so she's a relatively new artist. Her longest series being Nanairo Kakumei. Her newest manga is called Tonari wa futsuu no Nijika(chan)
となりはふつうのニジカ(ちゃん) .

 

 

 

 

 



Tonari no Futsuu wa Nijika(chan)
is about a girl named Aira who is often misunderstood because of her super cute appearance
and Nijika, who is a beautiful girl with a secret. The two girls end up living together. A new series full of thrills and surprises!

My Thoughts:
This one seems interesting! Not sure if it's a GL series or just about two girls randomly becoming friends. The art looks really cute though. The artist got her debut in 2010 when she was still in Elementary school. Being so young, I can tell she's a very talented artist. I may give this series a shot if it ever gets translated.

Ao ni Rakurai is a 2022 ongoing series by Nijisawa Umi. This is her first manga series. It's a story about first love. Aozora is a high school student in her second year who is not good with boys. Unfortunately for her, the all-girls high school she attends is merging with a neighboring boys' school! On the day of the opening ceremony, she meets Raikawa, a free-spirited problem child, on the rooftop...?












My Thoughts:
This manga sounds super sweet and cute. I just love first love/coming of age manga series. There are currently 4 volumes out for this one but no translations for it just yet. I would love to read this one if it ever gets an English translation. ^__^

Kanjani ∞ - Watashitachi, Saikou de Saikyou no Heroine

キャンジャニ(エイト)~わたしたち、最高で最強のヒロイン♡~











 
 

 
This series is by Hoshiya Haiko, a relatively new artist to RMC. Not much is known about this manga or the author. The main Heroine is a girl named Maruko who is everyone's mood maker. In this months issue of RMC, is the final chapter for this series. 

Honey Lemon Soda is a 2016 series by Murata Mayu. This series is the only series in RMC magazine that's currently being published in English! Yen Press licensed the manga in 2022 and began publishing the series in January last year. So far, 4 volumes are out in English and the 5th volume will be released next month.













My thoughts:
I own all 4 volumes that are out so far and I'm really loving this series! I look forward to reading more in the future and I'm hoping there will be an anime adaptation for this series.









 

No Words is by an author who goes by Maki. Not much is known about this series or the author. All that's said on Ribon's website is that it's an illustration series and no words are needed, 12 gifts.









 

Valentine Runaway is by Momose-ra mo a very short 8 page oneshot story. Not much else is known about this one or the author.


The rest of the magazine, there's still 7 ongoing popular series and 9 ongoing gag/humor manga series. Here's all the ongoing regular series...








 

 

 


 

Here's all the gag/humor manga. I'm so shocked that Animal Yokocho and High Score is still ongoing after all these years. I have not heard of any of these other titles but they look cute.






 

That's it for manga! here's a look at this months furoku/goodies. Doesn't appear to be anything too special in this months issue but still some cute stuff I guess.









That's all for this month's Ribon Mascot Comics magazine! Next month's issue, there's an new series starting which is exciting! I will post about it next month when it comes out! Thanks for checking out this blog post. 

No comments: