Saturday, March 9, 2024

Akira Toriyama is Gone at age 68

Yes, you have read the title right. I'm in just as much shock as you are. Akira Toriyama, one of my favorite manga creators, has passed away last Friday. I knew this was something I had to write about since he has provided me with so many childhood memories of which I'm utterly grateful for. My love for Dragon Ball began with the comics. Then I watched the anime. When I first saw it, it didn't connect at first that they were related to the comics that I read. I still remember asking my brothers what show they were watching on TV one day in the late 90s. They were watching Toonami and Dragon Ball Z was on. I was in awe of the artwork and animation and I immediately became obsessed. I made many friends in school thanks to this beloved anime series. I remember I wanted so much to be like Gohan and Goku. They were my inspiration to be a great person and be pure of heart. I just looked up to these characters so much. I remember wishing I could be strong like them.  

Over the years, I have collected quite a large collection of merch of the Dragon Ball Franchise. I have everything from cards, comics, manga, artbooks, figurines, toys, video games, etc. I will continue to grow my collection of this franchise for years to come. In Toriyama's honor, I will share my entire Dragon Ball franchise collection here on this page, as well as all my favorite artwork I have drawn over the years. This page is written in honor of Akira Toriyama and I want to remember this part of my life. It's the least I can do for him to show how much joy this series has brought me. I will edit this post once I have the pictures taken.

No comments: