Friday, May 10, 2024

My Anime DVD/Bluray Collection as of May 2024

I have been meaning to do this post for awhile now. I finally just took the time to take photos of my entire anime collection as of May 2024. I have slowed down quite a bit in collecting anime since it has gotten expensive. Then again, I feel like collecting for anime has always been expensive in my years of collecting for it. I remember the days when you'd only get a few episodes for $20 per DVD. Thankfully, we have complete DVD box sets for the same price these days. Though blurays are a bit more pricey. 

Since I have moved out into my own space, I can now store my anime the way I want it to look. I put them in cabinet shelving to protect them from sun rays since my living room is filled with sun light. Here is a look at my first row of DVDs...













I tried to organize it by box set height and style. As you can see, I own a lot of older anime. The most recent anime I have on this shelf is Panty & Stocking from 2010. 

Next down is my Dragon Ball/DBZ collection. I'm going for a complete collection of the original single DVD releases because that's the only way you can watch the original unedited dub that aired on Toonami. All box sets of DBZ after that were redubbed and sound a bit different. I also have a limited edition box set of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time movie. Great anime movie too btw. 













Down below is the rest of my anime collection. I own mostly complete box sets of anime. At least, I try to keep it that way. I also have my bluray collection here at the very bottom along with my bootleg collections from China. I got rid of most of the ones I used to have as I got replaced them with official US copies. Some of them I gave away to friends since I also have better quality torrents of them.
















I also have my anime movies and Japan imports stored in a cabinet next to my anime collection but yeah, that's my anime collection! As I have said though, sadly, my collecting habits have slowed down a bit for anime. Currently, I'm more into collecting for video games and manga. I do try to get a few new anime box sets here and there each year though. Otherwise, that's all for today's post! I'll show some of my other collections in future posts soon.

No comments: